The Face

Norman Beresford Norman at FAITH.FTECH.CO.UK
Sat Aug 26 13:39:05 EDT 1995

Killing time this afternoon I was reading through a copy of The Face when I
came across an article entitled "the new prog rock".  Basically it listed a
number of the main prog bands from the 70's and their 90's counterparts and
listed each bands main qualities.  Of course one of the bands mentioned was
HW thus this posting.

I'll list the bands with their 90's counter parts but I'll only post the
descriptions of HW and their counterpart.  If anyone wants the other
descriptions I'll mail them.

Mike OldField           Future Sound Of London

Pink Floyd              The Orb

Genesis (Peter Gabriel) Underworld

Genesis (post PG)               The Shamen

Magma                   Moby

HAWKWIND                EAT STATIC

Rick Wakeman            Sven Vath

Jethro Tull             Banco De Gaia

Gong                    System 7

Hawkwind:    "Perennially-touring crusty outfit with cider-swigging,
soap-avoiding following.  Terrible album covers.  Baffling continual success
in inverse proportion to genuine talent"

Eat Static:      "Perennially-touring crusty outfit with cider-swigging,
soap-avoiding following.  Terrible album covers.  Baffling continual success
in inverse proportion to genuine talent"

Strange that I should be a fan of both bands really (but not of The Face I
hasten to add).