Phish (Oysters?)-even Kicks & Pilots

BREVARD Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Mon Aug 28 11:45:00 EDT 1995

> I was wondering if anyone on here besides me has ever listened to Phish?
You
> know, though the music is very different, Phis sometimes reminds me of
BOC.
> Listen to the song, 'Axilla' on the 'Hoist' album and you'll see what I

>Yes, I've also been listening to Phish for years now, and just last year
>had this very similarity pointed out to me by a friend of mine also into
>Phish and BOC (among other things).  He had been listening to 'Cavern'
>from _Pictures of Nectar_, and really felt it sounded like something
>from Agents-era BOC, most likely a Bouchard Bros. composition.  I'm not
>sure that I can wholly make the connection, but I am willing to acknowledge
>a similarity.

>-Bryan

Well I can nominate two bands that bring BOC to mind for me but I am about
the only person I know who thinks so.  Saigon Kick comes closest.  Do they
sound anything like BOC, Hell no at least their music dosen't but the
lyrics, thats where they get you.  Check out some of their lyrics and you
may see it too.  Peppermint Tribe and God of 42nd Street are pretty good
examples.  The other group I can think of is the notorious, no one but me
seems to like, Stone Temple Pilots.  Songs from Core and the song Unglued
remind me of real early BOC.  Its hard to explain but when I listen to
certain songs and close my eyes all I can see is Eyes, and Buck and Alan....

AB