Ageing pollsters - An HW gig story

Stephen Lindsey stephen at SYSTEM9.UNISYS.COM
Mon Aug 28 15:03:54 EDT 1995

Continuing to reminesce:

>> >Hey Martyn,  I think this was my first HW gig too (definitely Oxford not too
> >sure on the year, could have been 82. hey it was a long time ago...)
> >
> >Was this the tour where they had the bank of TV screens at the back, and Nik
> > was wearing the long, long dreadlock wig ?
>
>         hmmm.  I don't think so.  It was a long time ago and I was
> very wasted.

hmm didn't get home and find your afghan only had one sleeve did you ?? 8-)

> I think Nik was sporting his red moptop.  It was a very
> good concert.  Nik waved two lanterns in front of his face to
> great psychedelic effect.  The highlights for me were moonglum and Dragons
> and Fables.  The air was thick with smoke :-).  Is it true that
> they have clamped down on this at the Appolo now?

Dunno about the smoking I was in Oxford visitig a friend, so thats my one & only
visit to the Apollo. Anyway this does clarify thjat we're not talking about
the same gig, which means I think from Bernards gig list that I must have
been thinking 1982. Can anybody else confirm this ? Which year
was the tour with the big bank of TV screens at the back ? I particularly
remember some wierd effects on the screens during GHost Dance. Overall
I thought HW were very far ahead of their time with this partiuclar setup,
I mean when did U2 do ZooTV ? ten years later ? Other recollections, well
Nik had his psychedelic painted sax with the light inside it, I think they
had two "robot dancers" ..... Ahh memories..

Cheers,
Steve L.