Brain Surgeons and ITS comming

BREVARD Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Mon Aug 28 16:21:00 EDT 1995

I decided to do a little thinking about the Brain Surgeons doing some BOC
covers.  I see some good and bad in doing covers.  First the good:

1.   BS can play anything and have a lot of talent so whatever BOC songs
they play will sound pretty good.

2.   The Surgeons will likely play covers of Al and Joe led songs which
represent some of the best BOC music ever.

3.   From above, we will get to hear songs that BOC has never really played
with any consistency if at all live.

Now the Bad:

1.   Any BOC cover probably subtracts a Surgeon original, is that worth it?

2.   For casual BOC fans who catch the Surgeons unaware of the old
connections, do the Surgeons get lumped into "one of those bands without
enough original material so they do covers" groups?

3.   If the Surgeons are allowed longer sets (seems to be the one complaint
I've heard so far) wouldn't it be better to do more from Trep or Epo as
opposed to BOC songs?

The setlist is the property of Al, Deb and the band but I would prefer to
see them play longer sets of Surgeon material than to sacrafice a song for a
BOC cover.  I'm sure they can do any of them well but this is a brand new
band.

Finally whats comming?  Something no BOC fan on this list would ever
believe, a possible set list of mindless songs which could be performed by
Eyes and the band, no covers included (well not really).  Watch for it or
name your own.

A(intriguing one)B