Brain Surgeons and ITS comming

Mon Aug 28 16:29:08 EDT 1995

Adrian writes:

The setlist is the property of Al, Deb and the band but I would prefer to
see them play longer sets of Surgeon material than to sacrafice a song for a
BOC cover.  I'm sure they can do any of them well but this is a brand new
band.

Just wanted to point out the Brain Surgeons are VERY focussed on doing
new music.  Don't let 1 or 2 "blasts from the past" fool you.  When I
saw them play last November, they played 2 old songs - the rest was stuff
from *Eponymous*.  When they played last month, again their were 2 "golden
oldies" (although "Death Valley Nights" was a planned encore that wasn't
played), along with 3 songs from *Eponymous* and 4 from the at-the-time-
unreleased *Trepanation*.  This to me, in lieu of longer or multiple
sets, is a pretty good compromise.  Obviously, a talented group with as
much material as the Surgeons have must make some choices - but I think
they've done well there.  I like the new stuff tremendously, but I also
like hearing the band pay some tribute to its roots (hey, those songs
were great when Albert was in BOC, so their still great songs that Albert
should play out of BOC).

John