Phish (oysters?)

Carl E. Anderson canders at WJH.HARVARD.EDU
Tue Aug 29 17:11:15 EDT 1995

>> I was wondering if anyone on here besides me has ever listened to Phish? You
>> know, though the music is very different, Phis sometimes reminds me of BOC.
>> Listen to the song, 'Axilla' on the 'Hoist' album and you'll see what I
>> mean...
>
> I have been listening to Phish for years.
> Still... never thought of a similarity. What do you mean?

        For what it's worth, I've a relatively old (at this point) Phish
tape on which during the vocal jam outro on "You Enjoy Myself" they begin
improvising with the word "Godzilla" precisely in the manner employed in
the middle of the BOC song.

        Come to think of it, that's one of the little things that got me
into BOC, since I listened to Phish for years before I got into BOC.

        I can't remember the date of the show that tape is from, but I
could dig it out of my closet if anyone really wanted to know ....  Does
that count as a BOC cover ;)  A partial cover? ;)

Cheers,
Carl