Imaginos: What I hear...

Joseph Brooks bpalace!jbrooks at CONNECTNET1.CONNECTNET.COM
Tue Aug 29 20:41:14 EDT 1995

JB> On Thu 24-Aug-1995  8:58a, John A Swartz wrote:

 JS> Go ahead and post what you thought you heard -- there have been a few
 JS> threads in the past on what some of us "thought" we were hearing.  I
 JS> believe Chuck also posted some "translations" from a Japaneses source
 JS> (if memory serves) which were quite funny.

 Ok, you asked for it...

 "I am the One You Warned Me Of":

 "Bottles of blackness the blacker the spare"
 I hear: Bottles of blackness the blacker dispair

 "In decimal chains whose mimic cry"
 I hear: In dismal chains, a mimicry
 ---

 "Les Invisibles":

 "Salute the four quarters"
 I hear: Salute the four corners
 ---

 "Magna of Illusion":

 "Seadogs and rockers will dwell on doom"
 I hear: Seadogs on rockers will dwell on the doom
 ---

"Blue Oyster Cult [Subhuman]":

"When the skies become a scroll
 Having lost its interest.."
 I hear: When the skies become a strobe
         Having lost its entrance
 ---

Thats it... I realize that some of these are pretty minor. On the last
one, I seem to remember it that way from the .50 lyrics that I sent for (you
know, the ones that came on 8-1/2 X 14 greenbar computer paper?) But I lost
them about 17 years ago so...

If anyone knows for certain that I'm wrong, or right, on any of these
lemme know...

       |_||/          * jbrooks at bpalace.com                    Grateful BBS"