ETI (was BOC content)

Wed Aug 30 08:13:51 EDT 1995

Joe asks:

> Did the guys *ever* do any of Imaginos live? I remember when Imaginos
> first
> came out, I was just dying to see an 'Imaginos tour' only to be
> disappointed

Andy correctly pointed out that BOC did "Astronomy" (Imaginos version, with
Buck vocals), "In the Presence...", and "I am the One...".  These were
done briefly in 1989 (maybe late '88, and maybe into 1990), and that was
it.

Yeah, there's some absolutely fantastic music on that album, huh?  It's
a shame the album never got the full respect that it deserved (if BOC
ever had the hopes of a commercial revival, Imaginos was it -- they had
the opportunity to put the original line-up back together with some of
the heaviest music ever associated with their name -- but they blew it,
and Albert's true genius on that album was never shown to the world).
Since the music wasn't really theirs, I guess BOC had no real desire to
continue playing it live.  I don't know if Al/Deb have really considered
it at all (and they certainly have enough material without it), but I
think the Brain Surgeons could do some of that material live and it would
go over fantastically.

John