BOC R.I.P.??

Wed Aug 30 16:03:59 EDT 1995

Torgo writes regarding Cult Classic:

You will get different answers to this question from different people.
You will find that most of the good people of boc-l hold this album with
a clothespin on the nose and a long pair of forceps, as they step on the
foot lever of the diaper pail of music. (They think it stinks).

Hey, I guess this means that I can call myself one of the "Bad Boys of
BOC-L"!!  8-)

But seriously, I don't know if you can go far as to say most of BOC-l
feels this way.  Certainly there has been some vocal dislike for the album,
but more than 2 (i.e. you and me Torgo ;-) ) have said that they like
it.  I think one of the biggest gripes that some have with it is that
one would think that if songs are going to be re-done, they ought to be
better the second time around.  Most folks don't feel that Cult Classic's
tunes are better than the originals.  Different yes, but by most people's
definition, not better -- and as BOC fans, these folks probably feel a
little betrayed by the band to shell out $x.00 for a CD that contains a
somewhat lackluster effort.

I like it, and there are a few of us on BOC-L that do.  But, I can
definitely understand why it has not met with rave reviews here.

John