OFF: death of war (was Re: Oh My My! Such language)

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Fri Dec 1 12:42:39 EST 1995

> > I agree totally...if one is going to use abusive language towards another
> > individual, move it into private Email...whomever moderates this list should
> > remove frequent offenders from the list...
> >
> Amen,amen.  And remember what started all the flaming--a couple of
> jokes about smiley faces and IMHO.  How could anyone feel so strongly
> defending such worthless stuff.  That'd be like wanting to fight
> someone 'cause he called your Yugo a piece of shit!

        There was a time when no matter _what_ opinions a fellow boc-l'r
held that any thing remotely like a flame would have been considered
unthinkable (at least).  It is a shame that people are of a lesser
character now than before.  To paraphrase the song, it may be that
everyone is guilty, but it also seems to me that not everyone is bad ...

Carl