BOC: Buck's surf music influences

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Fri Dec 1 13:24:25 EST 1995

> I read somewhere that Buck did not enjoy what Page was performing live, but
> loved the studio-Page.

        Page is brilliant at production.  I mean the recorded corpus of
Zep production is really pretty incredible from that standpoint.  The
down side is that while he might have half a dozen carefully engineered
guitar tracks on the studio recording, there was still just himself
doing it live.  As Zep pieces became more complex, they sounded more
like _shite_ live, but the earlier more simply arranged songs still
came off in concert very well.

Carl