HW: It's So Easy

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Fri Dec 1 02:35:59 EST 1995

I was listening to a little live Hawkwind this morning---_Detroit
'73_---when on came an incredible version of "It's So Easy."  I'd never
heard this done live before, which is a shame because they extended it way
beyond the version put out as a single.  I mean, we're talking a sublime
jamming BLANGA fest here!  Wicked!

Listening to it got me wondering how long this song persisted in their live
set.  Does anyone know if it was a regular feature, or just done
occasionally as a one-off?  If the latter, then that's a shame, I think.  It
has a great "anthemic" quality, but without the negative connotations that
term conjures up.  It has a very positive message, too.  Along with some
killer riffs throughout, the mid-section is just *begging* for a jam and
some soloing (can we say "strap on the guitar, Dave!").  I bet it'd go over
a storm live nowadays.  The version on the tape certainly did...

Btw, despite the relatively poor sound quality, that tape is great.  It's so
damn HEAVY it's dangerous!  I thought the little ghetto blaster I was
playing it on was going to rattle apart, the bass was so thick.  _Space
Ritual_ and _'Grill_ era material together; what more could a person want? :-)

Cheers,

Paul.

obTrack: Hawkwind, "It's So Easy", _Detroit '73_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                A stranger in a strange land.

"Revolution's coming, the chaos will soon end,
 Appreciate your fellow man... see it in the end"

        --- Hawkwind, "It's So Easy"