3-Pak

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Fri Dec 1 16:37:14 EST 1995

>Also, with regard to the 3-Pak, I found out that record stores don't
>necessarily understand what's going on.  Went to my local Newbury
>comics (which is really a record store that sells comics, for those
>of you that don't know) the other day and found the 3-Pak selling for
>$24.  BUT - each of the individual BOC albums that makes up the 3-Pak
>was selling for $7 each -- you do the math.

3-Pak was selling for $20.95 at a Best Buy store around here.  And the
individual albums were in the $9.00 range...  FWIW, I didn't have most B=D6C
on CD, and ended up buying both 3-Pak and WotT...

Though I agree, they definitely could have had more from the mid to later
period.  Mirrors had only one, as did CE.  The liners always use the "live
albums as era marking points", so by that logic they could've done Mirrors,
CE, and FOUO as a 3-pak also, which I would have preferred to see. =20

At least I hope that Sony's "magic number" will take 3-pak sales into
account...  If they did, I'd feel better recommending my friends (casual
listeners who only knew them from Heavy Metal that I dragged along to see
them at Sunrise) that they get it before WotT.   What can I say, they're all
hooked on TCtLDoM after hearing it now...   Most of them are younger, around
20 and more into Metallica and the like, but they also all thought "I'd like
to see you in Black" was one of the best songs, and they were wanting to
know what album they could get IT on...<g>