END THIS CRAP....... NOW!

ROBERT SEDLER robert.sedler at NOR.MKL.COM
Fri Dec 1 20:57:00 EST 1995

Ordinarily this would be considered off-topic, but they way boc-l has
been going lately, this message should be true to form.

First of all, I think I know a little bit about mailing lists, but
possibly not (splunge). What is the Moderator of a lists main
function? Is it just to dish out the gruel, or to act as some sort of
referee between warring clans. I think we need a referee here myself.
I'm not saying that we need someone who sits at his terminal with a
big hammer whacking everyone who says boo, but I think occasionally
when two "family members" go to war on the list, he should step in and
say, "cut the feces, or YOU ARE GONE! End of story. We send message
after message saying, "Is this OK? Or not? Or what?" The moderators
final word should be LAW, regardless of how we feel about the
decision.

Think about this friends and acquaintances, I really get a kick out of
having Al & Deb on the list, and if anyone pisses them off to the
point that they leave, Torgo will personally, and with extreme fury
and rage, kick your asses!!!!

Second, smiley faces. Yeah, I think they get used quite alot, but I
like them in their place. It should be your personal opinion, this is
not worth going to war over!!!!! Dr. Bob, I consider you a friend, you
know that, but I'm getting sick of listening to the Dr. Bob/Paul
endless battle the same as when Paul and AB were having at it. Ok, we
all have little things that irk us, of course. But these petty things
should not start flame wars. Wanna know what bothers Torgo?
Personally, it bugs the living pampers off of me when things like PHDs
get thrown around in people's faces. WHO CARES if you are a star
bellied sneetch? Us plain bellied sneetches IT DOES NOT IMPRESS!

But you see, it bugs me, and yet, "poof", I let it go. I don't
threaten to drop off the list. I don't start raving in endless posts
about nothing. And I don't resort to profanity to get a rise out of
the young'ns.

And before I get a pile of e-mail saying, "hey Torgo. If you are so
wise and all knowing, why don't YOU be the referee, and let all us
misbehaving children know when our diapers need changing?"

And I say to that, "If no one else steps up to do it, then I Will!!"

Because I'm here to talk about BOC, remember that.

I'm outta here.

Torgo
robert.sedler at nor.mkl.com