BOC: set list for Melbourne FL

cjohnson cjohnson at SUR1A.HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Sun Dec 3 17:09:31 EST 1995

       Caught BOC last night at The Zoo, Melbourne Florida, 2 Dec 1995.
       The set list (near as I can tell) was as follows:

       Stairway to the Stars
       Dr. Music
       ..something with chorus "Be Alright", its on ETLive..
       ETI (with nice but short closing jam)
       Pirates Moon
       ..something from first album unknown to me..
       See You In Black
       Take Me Away
       ..something like "The Jokes On You" (with lots of strobe light)..
       Cities On Flame (with crowd chant: "Rock And" "ROLL!")
       Last Days Of May
       In Thee
       ..unknown to me (possibly "Still Burnin")..
       Burning For You
       Godzilla (with bass and then drum solos)
       Reaper
       ..encore 1 unknown to me..
       ..encore 2 unknown to me..

       Sorry guys, but I'm a HAWKWIND fanatic and was unable to identify
       all the songs, although most were announced first.  In fact, this
       is one of the rare times I'll bother to post re: BOC.

       Summary of show:  band has some good tunes coming together, they
       need to get a record contract and put them out.  Vocals were muddy
       in this small club, making identifying lyrics quite difficult at
       times.  Lots of soloing by Buck, good keyboards and guitar from
       Allen (who played a Kramer that looks just like mine!)  Allen
       smiled several times, and even mouthed the words to BFYou even
       though he was nowhere near a mic.  Bass player looked to be having
       lots of fun, although his background vocals were not quite up to
       snuff (best as I could tell in this club).  Only glimpsed the
       drummer once, he was so low behind everything.  All in all, a very
       good show!

       Also briefly caught Buck and Allen on the radio Friday night
       (Orlando Q96) plugging WOTT and talking about "In Thee" with the
       DJ named "Slatz".

       Sorry, I didn't get tapes of any of this. :-(

       Last comment:  BOC played this same club about 2 (3?) years ago,
       with more of the radio tunes in the set, few new and almost no
       "old" tunes.  It seems to me that they were tighter then, played
       solos with a bit more feeling, and each song was more
       distinguished.  The new tunes are good, but at times they still
       seemed to be "shaking out" the rhythm section.  Possibly much of
       my opinion also stems from the accoustics of last night's show,
       which were definitely worse than the show a few years ago.

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com