BOC: The New Tunes / Underbelly / Buck folder

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at AOL.COM
Sun Dec 3 18:01:05 EST 1995

well, thinking that it is very likely that a new BOC disc will be available
on an independent label in 96...having heard 5 of what we can assume to be
the new tunes, here's my 2 cents:

Still Burnin - should be the first single...the title kinda implies "a
comeback"...the song is HOT!  I love the lil run Buck does right before the
chorus:  "I'm still burnin" <run> "burnin for your love"
this song is flawless: A+

I'd Like To See You In Black - this song smokes!!!  a classic thrash tune
done Cult style...should be the second single and should see humungous
success, given proper
promotion...
this song kicks ice: A+

Harvest Moon - this song has grown on me...I didn't see what all was so great
about it, but if you listen to it several times you'll agree that it is one
of the better Cult tunes on the new disc.  What makes this song attractive is
the clean guitar playing, the story in the lyrics and the tempo changes from
moderate to kickin' (with the Buckmeister solo) and back to a moderate tempo
to close the song...
cool tune: A+

The Power Underneath Despair - this is like See You In Black's lil
brother...it's a good tune, the progressions are cool but it's not heavy
enough...if they get this one to sound heavier, it be a cool tune
needs improvement: B

Cold Grey Light of Dawn - The song starts out like it's gonna hit ya like a
brick, but when you get to the chorus, you can see the weak lyrics comin' a
mile away...anyone else listen to this song the first time and know how the
chorus was gonna go?  or do I have ESP (extra-sexual perception)?
needs an overhaul: C-

other stuff:  Stick Wings of Mercury on the new CD anywho...great rock n roll
tune!  It would be interesting to see if any Red and the Black tunes make it
on the new CD...

The Underbelly has been updated with some concert reviews, more files, cool
links, the BOC at Reading pics and other cool stuff

Buck Folder on AOL:  here's the directions JS - keyword MMC (music message
center), double-click the Classic Rock folder and finally click on the Buck
Dharma folder... (same directions on the Soft White Underbelly, just click on
Soft White Underbelly instead)

ROBO  http://pages.prodigy.com/PA/robo/robo1.html

offtopic:  just saw the movie "Ed Wood" starring Johnny Depp based on the
true story of transvestite, low-budget Hollywood director Edward D Wood,
Jr...anyone remember Plan 9 From Outer Space?