HW: Black September

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Mon Dec 4 08:13:07 EST 1995

Johan Edlundh writes:

> so good - most memorable so far: Tibetan Bowlers doing a "Wizard Blew his
> Horn" version of "Hassan I Sahba". Spoken, with strange noises bubbling
> around. Weird, weird... Imagine someone in panic asking out in eternity:
> "Black September? Black   September? Hashish?    Hashin..?"

Hawkjoe's post reminded me I've always wondered about this, but never
got around to asking: who, or what, is "Black September?"  Is it a
historical event (e.g. OPEC oil crisis), or some kind of political
organisation (a parody on Red October?)?  Enquiring minds would like
to know...

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Mike Watt, _Ball-Hog or Tugboat?_