Why no Trep Yet - Late Response

Michael P Mccollum mccolmp at MAIL.AUBURN.EDU
Mon Dec 4 22:38:41 EST 1995

On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Ted O. Jackson wrote:

> > always have new music at my disposal but understand this, most tapes I buy
> > cost $.99; my entire cd collection is numbers less than 40 and most of those
> > are from the cutout bin costing anywhere from $1.99 to $5.99.  Further I
> > have a list of music I wish to procure which runs roughly full price thus I
> > plan to get a little of this and a little of that when the budget allows.
> > Wishes and dreams are one thing, economics another.  We don't know each
> > other, but I totally understand what you're saying.  Feed the kids.  The
> > cheap music is much more valuable than the expensive stuff (compare it to a
> > car -- does one always need the latest model just to get from one place to
> > another, or will something that works just fine do?)
> >
> > Take care.
> >
> > -- Howard
> > hwillman at aol.com
>
> I'm of a different opinion.  I'd rather have one great album, even if
> it costs 20 bucks, than a hundred cut-outs.   Ususally, they're cut
> out for a reason, if you get my drift.
- what cutouts rock!! its just a pain in the ass to look though all of
them for the one gem thats usually there. thats where i got my copy of
Hawkwind's palace springs -best 7 bucks i ever spent! the store i was at
didn't have any other hawkwind in at the time and i thought i was going
home emptyhanded and then there it was yahoooooooo!! experiment with
destiny i believe...
-mike psyche