Why no Trep Yet - Late Response

Duane Hoyt aa5287 at FREENET.LORAIN.OBERLIN.EDU
Tue Dec 5 06:44:11 EST 1995

>On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Ted O. Jackson wrote:
>
>> > always have new music at my disposal but understand this, most tapes I buy
>> > cost $.99; my entire cd collection is numbers less than 40 and most of those
>> > are from the cutout bin costing anywhere from $1.99 to $5.99.  Further I
>> > have a list of music I wish to procure which runs roughly full price thus I
>> > plan to get a little of this and a little of that when the budget allows.
>> > Wishes and dreams are one thing, economics another.  We don't know each
>> > other, but I totally understand what you're saying.  Feed the kids.  The
>> > cheap music is much more valuable than the expensive stuff (compare it to a
>> > car -- does one always need the latest model just to get from one place to
>> > another, or will something that works just fine do?)
>> >
>> > Take care.
>> >
>> > -- Howard
>> > hwillman at aol.com
>>
>> I'm of a different opinion.  I'd rather have one great album, even if
>> it costs 20 bucks, than a hundred cut-outs.   Ususally, they're cut
>> out for a reason, if you get my drift.
>- what cutouts rock!! its just a pain in the ass to look though all of
>them for the one gem thats usually there. thats where i got my copy of
>Hawkwind's palace springs -best 7 bucks i ever spent! the store i was at
>didn't have any other hawkwind in at the time and i thought i was going
>home emptyhanded and then there it was yahoooooooo!! experiment with
>destiny i believe...
>-mike psyche

I agree with Mike, sometimes it is worth looking through 2,000 cutouts
for that one you've been looking for for years. Just cause it's a cut-out
doesn't mean its not any good.  An lp will become a cutout not just
because it is not any good, or slight defects, sometimes it is just a matter
of overproduction on the record companies part.
Duane

--
" We are the warriors at the edge of time. "