Faq observations.

Hardman DK D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Tue Dec 5 07:04:56 EST 1995

On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Ted O. Jackson wrote:

> [..] Can anyone tell me if there's an
> in-depth look at BOC's gtrs, amps etc. as they've evolved (gear, not
> the band) through the years.  As you know, I'm pretty well up on this
> stuff.  If it isn't on the faq, is there any interest in having it
> added?  If so, who shuld I contact?

I'd certainly be interested in seeing this on the faq

> The faq had an interesting story about the term 'stun-guitar.'  Faq
> [.......]
theo

Those are interesting alternative versions of the faq stories! However...
It may be a fruitless task trying to determine which is the *correct*
story behind the 'stun guitar', 'Redcap' etc... Different band members
may genuinely have different memories about this stuff (particularly if
they were tripping their way through the late sixties/early seventies).
Witness the recent Beatles TV programme: apparently when they got
together to discuss the history of the band P, G, & R had entirely different
memories of much of what happened.

Dave

Ob: Atherton 185 not out, against 492 balls, for 645 minutes
    Atherton & Russell, an unbroken stand of 277 minutes
    "The Victoria Cross is not awarded for cricket of course....but
    something should be struck immediately and
    pinned on the chest of Mike Atherton" (The Guardian)