MS-WORD Virus Software

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Dec 5 14:53:23 EST 1995

> For information Carl, the virus post is relevant to all participants on
> BOC-L who have accessed theMS Word version of the BOC/HW directory.  It is
> essentially a warning that if you accessed the MS word version of the BOC
> directory your pc may be infected with a virus.  In addition, how to cure
> the problem was posted also.  If you did not receive the directory then the
> post was irrelavant to you and you are free to ignore.  If you have accessed
> the directory, specifically the MS Word version you are advised to re-read
> the posts.  Ignoring it could cause problems with your pc later.  You may be
> reffering to another post not sent by me on this subject as the lines you
> highlight are not familiar to me.

        Well, I appreciate the connection with the list directory, though
I've not had the time to follow all the posts connected with the directory
and was simply rather shocked when an enormous piece of email about MS Word
viruses appeared in my mailbox from the list.
        If I have squeaked about an appropriate post, please forgive--I
guess I've gotten a bit jumpy with all the recent "noise" on the list ...

Cheers,
Carl