BOC: cult symbol guitar

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Dec 6 14:34:52 EST 1995

> i was just thinking about the BOC show i saw when they opened for Rush in 86
> they brought out a guitar that was in the shape of the cult symbol
> do they still use this? what was it and whosewas it ? anyone know?
> - mike psyche
Mike,
That's kind of funny, 'cause back in the good old times, I saw Rush
open for BOC.  The correct order of performance IMNSHO.  I'm pretty
sure that gtr was made by Giuliano, the guy who made Buck's custom
gtrs back then.  It was Eric's gtr.  I understand he still has it,
but has retired it, being it's a one of a kind instrument.  I suspect
it's really 'cause the thing's too heavy and unwieldy.  I've played
flying Vs and explorers in clubs, and you're always banging them into
something!  Eric also had a Paul and an SG with chronos symbols
inlaid in the tops in pearl.
theo