Forwarded message from former list member

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Wed Dec 6 19:17:00 EST 1995

A former long-time BOC-L subscriber asked that I forward this to the
list for him.  (Send any replies to him, not me.)  Here it is...

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Laibach, _Opus Dei_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.

Guido Vacano writes:

last post to the list. I have a couple things I would like to say. For
those of you who are not interested, I apologize, and assure you that you
will not be subjected to my meanderings in the future, at least not in
this forum. Feel free to skip to the next post.
        Why did I unsubscribe? I finally realized that I was wading
through scores of posts, and that none of them were amusing, informative,
or thought provoking. That intangible thing called "quality" (in Robert
Pirsig's sense) was gone. That came as quite a shock, since "quality" was
present in abundance during my five years of boc-l residency. I have
recently learned that matters on boc-l have not improved; on the
contrary, it appears that the degeneration has continued, possibly
accelerated.
        I'd like to thank the cool people who made boc-l the great place
that it no longer is. These include (but are not limited to) Mike (FoFP),
Jill, Martyn, Paul, Carl, Niko, Ben, Jean, Deborah, Al, Stuart, Craig
(pass me the geritol :-) ), David, Tim, Tania, and Scott. I will miss you
folks, and I hope you keep in touch. My email addresses are:

                gvacano at gems.vcu.edu
                gvacano at beaver.wesleyan.edu
                gvacano at eagle.wesleyan.edu

You can also find me lurking on the erpnotes list, I subscribe to
Elephant Talk, and I hope to be an active contributor to Steve Swann's
irock list. It's good that there are places like these; free of the piss,
coffee, web site updates, pathetic fanboy adulation, condescension,
arrogance, and vapid, stream of conciousness chatter that has come to
characterize boc-l. Those at fault for this state of affairs know who
they are.

        Thanks for everything, Ben. I don't envy your role as moderator
of this mess.

        Finally, here's a string of emoticons.

:-) :-| :-( :-0 ;-) :-P :-[- (Frank Zappa or Jesus--your choice) :-D %-P B-)

        All of the above is IMHO, of course, and I hope it leaves you
ROTFLYAO. :-)

                Thanks, Dr. Guido N. Vacano