BOC in Florida

Shawn Quinn squinn at DIGITAL.NET
Wed Dec 6 21:40:37 EST 1995

Hello all,

As many of you know, BOC just completed a 5 date swing through  Florida.  I
was able to attend three of the shows:  Melbourne, St. Pete, and Orange Park
(Jacksonville).    The set list for the three shows did not very much from
the one for Melbourne previously posted.  'Harvest Moon' and I would Like to
see You in Black' were the only unreleased songs they played.  And I might
say - were EXCELLENT !  I was fortunate to have an opportunity to speak with
the band personally at all three shows.  Everyone was very open and
receptive to my questions and were generally in good moods.  The new drummer
and base player were very good.  I also finally met Rick Downey who is now
their tour manager.  He now lives in South Florida where he has opened his
own recording studio.

Here is some of the more interesting info from those conversations:

No record deal yet.  The band seems somewhat frustrated by this (as well as
all of us !).  Eric won't even speculate when a new album will be released.

The sound at the St. Pete show was marginal - I asked Rick about this at the
Orange Park show and he said he was not happy about the venue at all.  He
told me that the Band does not bring there own production equipment
(speakers - etc..) - and must rely on the club.  However, the show in Orange
Park at 'Shades'  was awesome sound - lights - crowd - everything.  Pat
Travers opened up.

For those who have already ordered Buck Dharma T-shirts - they should be
delivered before Christmas.

I went over the lyrics for Harvest Moon that were posted some time ago on
this news group with Buck.  The posting was almost exactly correct (Great
Job !).  I will provide the corrections in a future post.  By the way - Buck
wrote the song way back in '86.

A person at the Orange Park show had a copy of the Apollo 440 version of the
Reaper.  Buck and Eric did not know it even existed - the club played it for
them following the show.  I thought it was rather interesting.  The person
said that only 100 copies exit in the states.  He had a friend pick it up in
England.  If any one has a copy - let me know - I would love to get a copy.

I asked Buck about some of the imports available - like 'Rock and Roll
Reapers' etc.  They don't get a nickel from those releases - they are done
without the band's permission.

I see that that this is getting rather long - If I think of anything else
post it later.

Enjoy,

Shawn