Some enchanted evening.

Al Bouchard wk06705 at WORLDLINK.COM
Wed Dec 6 22:33:15 EST 1995

On Wed, 6 Dec 1995 Ted O wrote:

> Just picked up a copy of the above title for 2 bucks.  12 incher vinyl,
> of course.  Pretty good shape, too, with picture sleeve of Allen and
> Eric at cruising altitude aboard the ubiquitous Lear jet.
> Don't know if the band ever had/used one, but makes for a great
> photo shoot!

Yes we did use a Lear a few times but that shot was not one of them. That was
a  cool 2-prop turbo that we used a bunch of times and one time (possibly
coming back from the Capitol Center - Live '76 show) we happened to have a
photographer on board.

> songs!  Glad we didn't decide to cover 'Astronomy.'  Has anyone
> noticed that 'Reaper' appears to be speeded up?  I recall that I had to
> figure it out in Bm and then move it down to Am.  I know it's in Am
> 'cause I've seen them play it a million times, and the version on
> 'Agents' is definitely in Am.  Maybe it was just the piece of
> shit turntable I had at the time?  Any comments?

Don had a problem singing Reaper live. It was too low for him to get any power
in his vocal. So consequently he used a special guitar that a fan made for him
(out of a wooden mold for auto windowscreens). It looked like a brown Les Paul
with PAF pickups but it was extremely rigid so he was able to tune it up to F#
so that Reaper would be in Bm. Does anybody know if he still plays it in Bm?
Maybe his voice has gotten older with age. I haven't heard them since 1986.
Al