Hawkwind - "Elric the Enchanter"

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Fri Dec 8 10:36:22 EST 1995

I recently picked up Live Chronicles (I already had TCotBS) primarily
because it had many tracks that weren't on TCotBS).   While I like it a lot,
one of my favorite songs - "Elric the Enchanter" (well, the first half of it
anyways, the part I liked) was changed from music to spoken lines, almost
narrative.  The second part (which I didn't like as much) was kept intact.
Does anyone know why this was done?

Also, I  note in the credits (I have the griffin 2CD) it says, "Thanks
to....sonic Assasin No. 1 (he knows who he is too!) (Arrrrggh!)".  Is this
Sonique Assassin or someone else?

Overall, I liked it a lot though I miss the nifty interior artwork from
TCotBS.  No big deal, I'll make a tape combining the two, I guess.