HW: LiveChronicles

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Fri Dec 8 11:53:58 EST 1995

Roger writes:
> to....sonic Assasin No. 1 (he knows who he is too!) (Arrrrggh!)".  Is this
> Sonique Assassin or someone else?

I believe that this should be 'Bass Assassin No. 1' shouldn't it??  And this,
of course, is part of the Lemmy - Alan Davey 'banter' that went on for awhile
on Motorhead and Hawkwind albums, respectively, during the late 80's.  I once
asked Alan about it before a HW concert a few years ago, and he told me that he
had gotten Lem to autograph an album once, and he signed it 'Bass Assassin' (I
don't remember whether he was referring to himself or Alan, the latter I
think).  Anyway, Alan then included notes to Lemmy on HW albums, referring to
him as Bass Assassin No. 1 (the original, I guess) and Lemmy returned the favor
by referring to Alan as Bass Assassin No. 2 (the prodigy, I presume).
Appropriate monikers, I think.

Of course, I may be wrong, and it *is* Sonic Assassin No. 1 on that particular
album, in which case I don't know who it might be.

Keith H.