HW: Church of HW

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Fri Dec 8 14:14:28 EST 1995

> Also - Experiment With Destiny (Virgin Of The World). Which is
> the correct title, both? And why are there lyrics printed for
> it, but none to be heard on the song?
> I like to know these things. Thanks.

Enquiring minds.....

There is a story behind this track - tho' I don't know its full extent.
Originally entitled Virgin of the World it was supposed to go onto the
Church of Hawkwind album but didn't make it.   Brian Tawn says there
wasn't room but I think there may be more  -  I have the faint memory of
someone telling me that it was part of something much grander that never
happened, but I could be imagining that!

It ended up on the Sonic Attack album but with (do I remember right?) no
printed lyrics on the enclosed sheet.   The Church of Hawkwind CD
restored it to its rightful slot but (at a guess because there are still
problems over releasing Sonic Attack into CD format) it doesn't seem to
have been added in its Sonic Attack form - my guess is that only the
backing track was allowed under the terms of re-release and they renamed
it into the bargain.    However, the lyrics were added to the booklet to
make it more or less correct.

I guess the next stage, once all the permissions are agreed and the
arguments resolved, will be to release yet another Church of Hawkwind CD
with Virgin of the World words as well, under yet another name.....

cheers

jill

obbook>  Rudy Rucker, The Hacker and The Ants.   This guy is a genius!

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk