BOC: cult symbol guitar

Chris Baxley Chris_Baxley at SONYMUSIC.COM
Fri Dec 8 11:07:26 EST 1995

> I saw rock/punk 70's influenced band Redd Kross supporting someone
> (I think it was the Senseless Things) in London. During a fairly
> histrionic guitar solo, the lead guitarist lifted his guitar (possibly
> to play it with his teeth, I can't remember) revealing the back of the
> instrument. And there it was, a large BOC symbol, covering the whole
> of it. After the set I questioned him as he was standing at the bar
> and he said he was a big fan.

I'm a Redd Kross fan.  Was it one of the MacDonald brothers or the other
guy?  Anyway, it makes sense that RK would be into BOC, since they tend
to glorify the '70s, and BOC was a quintessential '70s rock group.

"I'm in love with Janice, Jeannie and George Harrison
When Jesus Christ Superstar was crucified
the Beatles were still makin' noise"

- Redd Kross

Chris