HW: Nicknames & Xenon Codex

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Mon Dec 11 10:54:29 EST 1995

> He isn't the only one who was unhappy with it.  When I first bought
> it, I despised it

Why?  I can see that the last track would be pretty annoying, but the
rest of it seems fine.  There's more good stuff on there than on
Out And Intake (the previous release), or Zones, or Chronicles Of The
Black Sword.  (All IMO, of course) :-)

If Brock didn't like XC, why did he agree to put it out?  Was there some
sort of contractual obligation?  Or was he overruled by other band members
and/or Doug Smith?  Is this part of the reason that Harvey and Huw left?

Incidentally, I recall a post from whatsisname at Griffin (I'm really
sorry, I've forgotten your name) who said that originally Dr. Technical
was used as a nickname for one of the band's crew, and later for Brock
himself.

Dave.

PS. Folk in Cambridge UK might like to check the 2nd-hand section in
Andy's records.  There were a few HW CD's there when I popped in on Saturday.