HW: Nicknames & Xenon Codex

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Dec 11 13:44:56 EST 1995

> > He isn't the only one who was unhappy with it.  When I first bought
> > it, I despised it
>
> Why?  I can see that the last track would be pretty annoying, but the
> rest of it seems fine.

        I liked the last track as well, in that I thought it was funny :)
Actually _XC_ was the first HW I ever heard, though the first I owned
was either _Palace Springs_ or _HotMG_.

> If Brock didn't like XC, why did he agree to put it out?  Was there some
> sort of contractual obligation?  Or was he overruled by other band members
> and/or Doug Smith?  Is this part of the reason that Harvey and Huw left?

        Doug Smith is my guess.    I think Huw left 'cuase he reckoned he'd
be a cool solo artist (oops!) or was just tired of the band.  Harvey left,
I've heard it rumored, due to Bridget being sacked ;)

> PS. Folk in Cambridge UK might like to check the 2nd-hand section in
> Andy's records.  There were a few HW CD's there when I popped in on Saturday.

        Gee, I was just in there today, but didn't look in the used section.
Last time I was there, I saw _Stasis_, but perhaps there's more now ...

Cheers,
Carl