BOC:DFTR and Godzilla (TV Versions)

Tue Dec 12 08:28:59 EST 1995

Brad asks:

> Why do the voices
on Godzilla (tv version) sound like the chipmunks? Is that Alvin on
lead vocal? What is the history of this version of the song?  Help!

Those voices are the background vocals - I imagine they have been
electronically altered somewhat, but listen to the full version
carefully and you will hear them in the background.  Now, memory
fails me here, but I believe this was also done on the original
version of Godzilla (released on Spectres) as well - listen to the
last couple times the phrase "history shows again and again . . ."
is sung - you should be able to hear this same high-pitched background
effect.

John