BOC: 12/03/95 Show Review

Tue Dec 12 08:42:36 EST 1995

A few comments to questions asked in response to my review.

Shawn - didn't know you were at the show.  For most of the show, I
was standing in the back near the soundboard (and from there the sound
seemed excellent - my guess is that directly in front of the band with
most of the speakers at right angles to you, and being more in front
of Buck's amp than the others probably contributed to your not liking
the sound quality as much as I did), and then I wandered up near
the front (probably 8-10 feet from the stage) on Danny's side.

Harvest Moon has not been a "regular" in the setlist over the past
year, but it is played on ocassion (sounds like it was a regular for
the Florida shows) - both it and Still Burnin' were more regular
in the sets prior to mid-94, afterwhich they took somewhat of a back
seat to I'd Like To See You In Black.

The Cult Brothers never made an album, as far as I know.  Billy Hilfiger,
now with The Brain Surgeons, used to play guitar for them.  Joe has been
off doing other things so I don't think the Cult Brothers have played
in the last 3 or 4 years -- perhaps Albert could provide more info?

Shawn says:

>>>From what Eric and Buck have told me - this is their living.  So I would
expect to see them out on the road periodically for sometime.

I hope so.  Prior to the release of WOTT, things had been looking a bit
bleak for the band though (no record deal, dwindling audiences, and rumors
that Buck wasn't exactly happy doing the BOC tour thing - although it
seems that his attitude has changed).  I definitely think they could
keep going for sometime, and since I sent this review to both Buck and
Eric, I had written this to hint to them that I (and many more of us)
hope they keep going strong for years to come.

And no, I didn't bring a portable PC to the show, although I did have
a small notebook and pen (mostly to write down the setlist).  Glad to
hear the review was appreciated.  My next review will be put out some
time after Christmas, detailing my experiences at the upcoming Brain
Surgeons gig in Boston (December 22nd, Mama Kin - Be there if you can!).

John