BOC:DFTR and Godzilla (TV Versions) -Reply

Brad M. Lauchnor eqshw.blauchno at EMAIL.STATE.UT.US
Tue Dec 12 10:23:19 EST 1995

I wrote:

> Why do the voices on Godzilla (tv version) sound like the chipmunks?
Is that Alvin on lead vocal? What is the history of this version of the
song?  Help!

John wrote:
Those voices are the background vocals - I imagine they have been
electronically altered somewhat, but listen to the full version carefully
and you will hear them in the background.  Now, memory fails me here,
but I believe this was also done on the original version of Godzilla
(released on Specters) as well - listen to the last couple times the
phrase "history shows again and again . . ." is sung - you should be
able to hear this same high-pitched background effect.

You may be right John. I'll have to listen closely to the original. They just
seemed VERY strange, standing out quite a bit, without the original lead
vocals. I also remember the "history shows again and again.. " at the
end. I'll give it a close listen tonight and see if BOC has Alvin on backing
vocals ;).

John, do you know why this is called the "TV version" when was it
used on TV?

Brad L.
Brad Lauchnor                    blauchno at email.state.ut.us
Environmental Engineer       (801) 538-9403
Chemical Demilitarization     Salt Lake City, Utah
Utah Department of Environmental Quality