BRAIN: Cult Brothers

Stephen Swann swann at PHANTOM.COM
Tue Dec 12 10:27:39 EST 1995

John A Swartz writes:

> The Cult Brothers never made an album, as far as I know.  Billy Hilfiger,
> now with The Brain Surgeons, used to play guitar for them.  Joe has been
> off doing other things so I don't think the Cult Brothers have played
> in the last 3 or 4 years -- perhaps Albert could provide more info?

Well, I'm sure Albert can provide more, but I know a few things that
might be of interest.  (I thought I posted this a couple of weeks ago,
but maybe I forgot to.)

Billy Hilfiger said to me recently that Joe had contacted him, about
getting the Cult Bros back together.  I didn't get a clear impression
of whether this was supposed to be a one-shot, or whether Joe is
re-forming the band.  It also wasn't clear whether this was to be for
recording (Billy mentioned some "new songs") or performance.  I have
met most members of the Cult Bros (at various Brain Surgeons gigs),
and have pieced to together some info about them: they had an album
(and possibly a video) almost ready to go, but the project just never
quite coalesced.  The band only occasionally keep in touch, but they
all voiced some variation on "If Joe calls me, I'll be there."

Maybe somebody who'll be at the Mamakin show could ask Billy for more
info.  Or Joe, if he shows up.  And nag him.  :-)

Steve