Satriani/Imaginos/Stu Hamm

cjohnson cjohnson at SUR1A.HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Wed Dec 13 10:57:13 EST 1995

       On Joe Satriani and Imaginos:
       Satriani is on "Imaginos", huh?  Even if only a bit part...
       Well, I guess I'll finally have to purchase a copy of Imaginos.
       Being only a "fringe" BOC fan I have watched with curiosity and
       amusement the many discussions of this fictional universe.  Being a
       huge Satch fan (and Stu Hamm too!) requires me to purchase a copy
       of all items he contributes to; looks like this particular CD will
       also bring me a lot of bonus points in terms of its detailed
       storytelling and songwriting...

       On Stu Hamm:
       When Stu Hamm tours with Satriani (all of Satch's early tours, glad
       to hear they are touring together again), Stu is always allowed a
       solo spot.  On live tapes of Satch shows Stu can be heard to play
       "Peanuts" and the "Star Trek" theme pretty regularly during his
       solo, although I don't remember either of these appearing on any of
       his 3 releases.

       A similar artist to Satch (but with less fire and more atmosphere)
       is Eric Johnson, major releases being "Tones" and "Ah Via Musicom".

       If anybody else feels like discussing Satch, Stu, E.J., or others
       feel free to drop me an 'E'.

       Now if only we could get a decent lead guitarist back in HW...

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com