BOC: London gig / Hi!

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Thu Dec 14 08:33:21 EST 1995

Godzilla
Don't Fear the Reaper
--
Me262
Red & the Black

Comments:
---------
BOC basically Rule.

Well, OK some details. It seemed more stripped down and less theatric than the
last few times I've seen them - no fingercracking mid-solo, or long spoken
intros, but they all looked like they were having immense fun, especially Buck.
Quite a lot of energy throughout. Mosh activity during the encore, but I'm too
much of an old fogey, so I'll let Jason comment on that ;-) Both the new songs
went down well, in fact it all went down well, probably since the UK fans
were parched and rabid for seeing BOC after such long time. Apart from the
beard (looks like he styled it on mine :^) I thought Eric looked like Billy
Gibbons, but hey, that was after a few. He was particularly deaf as well -
how he didn't hear Jason & I yell repeatedly for Shooting Shark, 7 Screaming
D-Bs and Imaginos, I'll never know ...

Re: boc-l, managed to rendezvous inthe Bull&Gate with Jason, Dave H & Charles
the grinning boy. In the aftermath, Jon Jarrett managed to find me. if anybody
else was there, hello. I thought about asking for the list address & a message
to be flashed up on the LEDs over the bar, but was too out of it to formulate
a successful argument.

Eric correctly didn't bullshit us about an album 'in the summer', but he did
say howbout a show here in 96. Not holding my breath for that one, but it would
be nice.

Tim