BOC: London gig / Hi!

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Thu Dec 14 10:39:19 EST 1995

> Eric looked a lot like Tim what with the nasty goatee, but for my money, I
> figure they are both looking like Geoff Tate from Queensryche.

Yeah, but I could only hit those high notes with the help (or threat) of a
pair of pliers ;-)  "Walking in the Shaaa-dowwwws" hmm, no.

> The rest of the band were somewhat anonymous although Allan was up and about
> playing guitar alot. Buck was playing his usual Steingberg (in Black) and
> Eric was playing a red guitar with an upward pointing headstock. Anyone
> know what this is (a Charvel?).

Eric & Allen both played ESPs.

> The whole show was very
> tight, never letting up the pace or energy and was most satisfying. The solos
> were largely based on the studio recordings, but Buck really went for it during
> Last Days... - this was something else.

Yeah. I thought overall Buck was a tad low in the mix though.

I just pulled up my review of the gig in 92, that set being -

Stairway.., Dom/Sub, B4 the Kiss, ETI, Flaming Telepaths, Horsemen, Take me
Away, Astronomy, Demon Kiss, Cities, Still Burnin, Black Blade, Harvester of,
Harvest Moon, Burning 4 U, Godzilla, Reaper, OD'd, Red&Black

clocking at 2hrs 10min. (last night was ~ 1hr 50) Difficult to say which was
the better - maybe drop Dr. M for Harvester or something truly out of the
ordinary, but very cool to see In Thee & Lips though.

But hey, thats the eternal argument ain't it. Wouldn't we all still be happy if
they ditched the perennial favourites for a truly eclectic set. Aren't they
convinced it would work ?

Tim