Brain Surgeons stuff

ROBERT SEDLER robert.sedler at NOR.MKL.COM
Fri Dec 15 13:21:00 EST 1995

Kids:

>Funny you should mention "Brain From Terra Incognita" -- that one
>probably got the worst response from people who listened to it.  In
>fact, I think Al even went so far as to apologizing for it.

Did someone just say the Albert APOLOGIZED for "The Brain from Terra
Incognita"????? This is easily one of my faves from Epo!! You gotta
admit the "destruction, oblivion..." part has hooks hooks HOOKS!
Albert, for shame, you should NEVER offer an apology for artistic
vision. Every time I hear this song though, all I can picture is "The
Brain" from Pinky & the Brain.

And since we are on the subject of Al, did anyone else pick up on how
much different Al sounds than from the BOC days? I mean, you can tell
it's him for sure, but he sounds much more evil and menacing these
days. Take "Mad Dude" for instance. Just the "murdering maggots,
murdering frogs" bit sends chills down my spine. If they ever make an
cartoon about Satan, I for one vote for Albert to be the voice. How
about Career of X-mas II for 1996, with Albert doing a rocking version
of "You're a mean one Mr., Grinch."

And ROBO sez:

>well, I've given both these discs so far at least one spin...anyone
>else find Eponymous and Trepanation to be like night and day?

Night & Day? More like twilight and twilight. In my opinion, they
sound the same, that is to say that, even though no two BS songs
really sound that much similar, these 2 CDs could have been jumbled
and released as a 2 CD set and I think each song would have fit
perfectly with the others. About the only song that sounds even a wee
bit out of place is maybe Love Potion #9. That's the beauty of the
surgeons, when a song like Love Potion #9 ends, about the last thing
you might expect is something like Mad Dude. A thrill around every
corner, yessiree.

Torgo's outta here....

Torgo
robert.sedler at nor.mkl.com

"Christmas TIME, Free your MIND, let LOVE-un-WIND!" -Santa Klaws