OFF: Djam Karet - Kafkas Breakfast

cjohnson cjohnson at SUR1A.HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Fri Dec 15 17:41:48 EST 1995

       Sorry, no BOC/HW content; still, Djam Karet is one of the great
       independent prog bands in America today...

       Just noticed Ranjit carrying a new Djam Karet cassette titled
       "Kafka's Breakfast".  Does anybody have any information on this
       release, such as songlist, history, or type of music, etc.etc.?
       Ranjit is listing it for US$9.95.

       I have been a big Djam Karet fan for more than a year now.  I've
       picked up all 5 of their CDs (highly recommended:  'Burning the
       Hard City') and the Gardner & Gayle solo spin-off (not as good).

       The sound on the first 3 releases is basically guitar-driven
       instrumentals, lots of soloing, with most songs in the 5 - 10
       minute range.  Pretty stoney stuff at times.  The latest two
       releases drift into the completely ambient realm, however - a
       significant departure.

       Any info on the new (?) release, or on live Djam Karet tapes, or
       anything else related to this band, please feel free to respond.

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com

       ObDjam-Jam: "Ten Days to the Sand" from 'Burning the Hard City'.