Hawkwind:Nova Drive - questions

M Holmes fofp at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Mon Dec 18 06:07:46 EST 1995

For the Codex etc it would be good to find out where the tracks on "Nova
Drive" come from.

"Spirit of the Age", wgich IMHO is the best on the album almost
certainly comes from the US 1995 tour, probably the first Canadian gig.
"Born To Go" sounds like it might be 1984.

"Aliens", "Sputnik Stan" and "Silver Machine" could be from either US or
UK in '95. Did they play SM in the US?

Is "Nova Drive" actually a Hawkwind track? I don't recognise it unless
it's a demo I don't have. Maybe the creator of the CD slipped in a track
by his own band?

"Terra Mystica" is presumably a staight copy from the 4-CD box set.
"Damage of Life" may be similarly copied from the TRavellers Aid album.
"Magnu" sounds like it might be from 1986 but possibly 1985. It's very
hard to guess where "Paradox" or "Dead Dreams" came from.

If anyone knows the creator of the CD (we won't inquire too closely)
it'd be good to get definitive info. Otherwise if anyone wants to do
some comparisons with the tapes they have, it'd be of help to the info
we make available to the fans.

Any comments Bernhard?

Cheers

FoFP

P.S. If anyone has done any transcription of lyrics from Alien4, I'd
like to see 'em. They've still gotta be added to our lyrics files.