Hawkwind:Nova Drive - questions

Doug ISTS018 at UABDPO.DPO.UAB.EDU
Mon Dec 18 14:13:38 EST 1995

> For the Codex etc it would be good to find out where the tracks on "Nova
> Drive" come from.
> "Spirit of the Age", wgich IMHO is the best on the album almost
> certainly comes from the US 1995 tour, probably the first Canadian gig.

As far as I know SotA was not part of the setlist at anytime on the US
tour. I have both Canadian gigs, which seem complete and its not present.
However, either the Milwaukee or Madison tape has a sound check with SotA
and quite frankly its sucks! I like Ron Tree OK but he's pitiful on this
song. Maybe thats why they never played it.

After begging Dave to play Lord of Light it was good to see it appear on
the recent UK tour, even if I didn't get to hear it. :-( I may have
mentioned this already but Dave asked if the fans still wanted to hear
"all those old songs" to which we all responded HELL YES.

Doug

PS FoFP/Bernhard how's that rare tracks tape coming? Please do it...

OBcool movie I'd like to watch with Nik Turner: Stargate