HW: Alien, the word(s)

Michael P Mccollum mccolmp at MAIL.AUBURN.EDU
Wed Dec 20 13:00:59 EST 1995

On Wed, 20 Dec 1995, Martyn White wrote:

> > 2nd track - ALIEN  <spoken intro, song, spoken outro>
> >>
> >> "What kind of receiver would be capable of processing these signals?"
> >> "A system designed to modify the electromagnetic spectrum and carry
> >> those messages directly to the human brain"    <this must be a quote
> >>                                                 from something???? js>
> >
> >Sounds like Commander Data (Brent Spiner) and the Enterprise computer
> >(Majel Barrett) to me.  Real Trekkies will be able to tell you which
> >episode... :)
> >
> >- Andy
>
>         Exactly.  I think its the one where Jordi gets captured by
> the Romulans and brainwashed.  He is then controlled by electromagnetic
> signals from the Romulans which are picked up and processed by his visor
> and carried to his brain down his optic nerve.
>
> Not really a real trekkie
>
> Martyn

on the 95 us tour i got to talk to alan davey -he said that they were all
big trek fans and watched as much as they could -so i guess this is kind
of a tribute - also the opening
twank-zoom sound in beam me up and eye that looks within sounds very much
like the photon torpedo effect used in star trek.
-mike psyche