HW: Need Definitions

Richard Lockwood richard.lockwood at TPD.CO.UK
Thu Dec 21 09:46:13 EST 1995

>A. What the hell is a "battery hen"? They're not too adept at
>flying, I presume? Perhaps a mechanical wind-up toy?

An intensively farmed chicken - basically kept in a cage no bigger than the
chicken, unable to turn round or stretch wings.

>B. Looked up "identimate" in the big fat Webster's
>dictionary...no luck. What do people guess (or know)?

>C. "Suss" - After hearing this in several HW songs (but never
>anywhere else), I've gathered it means to "understand",
>"comprehend", or maybe to "deal with", etc... Common British
>slang term?

Yip.  Understand, work out (suss out), comprehend.  Not really "to deal with".

Cheers,

Rich.

** The grave of Karl Marx is just another Communist plot **