OFF: Pavlov's Dog (almost BOC)

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Fri Dec 22 08:30:22 EST 1995

> I read in the FAQ some time ago that Allen Lanier did some keyboards for
> Pavlov's Dog (there's the BOC link). I've often wondered whatever became of
> that band. Does anyone know?
> I've got *At the Sound of the Bell* and *Pampered Menial*, I've heard what I
> believe was their first album (the name escapes me now), and I've seen in
> the import section another CD titled (I think) *Lost in America* Did they do
> any others?
> Is there any truth in the rumour I've heard that David Surkamp is dead?
> Email me direct if preferred.
> Pete.
>

> **************************
> Peter Sondergeld
> p.sondergeld at qut.edu.au
Pete,
I saw Pavlov's Dog at a FREE concert at Saratoga, opening for BOC.
Actually, the lineup was Journey (circa great first album, before the
Michael Bolton clone came along for singing) then Pavlov, then BOC.
This was just as OYFOOYK was released, and they were giving away
copies of it as well as the Pavlov and Journey lps.  Wasn't Pavlov a
Pearlman/Krugman production?  Not sure about that, but that would
explain Allen playing on their lp.  Anyway, we got second row seats
at a free concert to see BOC.  Tough life, for sure.
theo