BRAIN / BOC INdy CD's and Royalties

Rich Hamel rhame at CTP.COM
Tue Dec 26 13:00:24 EST 1995

 Hi Everyone,

        Hope everyone had a good holiday.

        I made it to the 'Surgeons gig on Friday night, I'll review it later.
 I'm trying to remember the song list.

        OK, the point. There has been alot of talk lately about when BOC
 will put another disk out. My questions:

        How much does it cost to put out an independant CD?

        For Al and Deb: Is "Cell Sum" your own label?

        It seems to me that if BOC wanted to put out an indy CD, they could
 have done so by now. Any ideas why they haven't? I'd assume you pretty much
 expect to lose money when you do so, however. Maybe Al or Deb can expound
 on that from an Eponymous or Trepanation perspective. I find it hard to
 believe that the Cult couldn't do it financially.

        BTW: Deb mentioned that Sony would be putting out Trepanation in
 February.

        Which leads me to another financially related question, which again
 I have to aim at Al: Do you still get signifigant royalties for BOC songs
 like Reaper, etc?

        Unrelated: While I was home for the holiday, I forked through my
 oldrock magazines which were sitting in a pile in the attick. I stumbled
 across something interesting: Metal Magazine from March '87. On the
 cover was Ratt, but had a caption: Blue Oyster Cult, Sprinkling Dots!
 Inside, the article was "Albert Bouchard's Metal Memories: The Life --
 and Death? -- of Blue Oyster Cult, as told to DEBORAH FROST. An interesting
 find..

                                                        Rich
--

!  Rich Hamel                     !                                       !