BRAIN / BOC INdy CD's and Royalties

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at INTERRAMP.COM
Tue Dec 26 16:18:37 EST 1995

On Dec 26,1996 Rich wrote:

>        Which leads me to another financially related question, which again
> I have to aim at Al: Do you still get signifigant royalties for BOC songs
> like Reaper, etc?

        I do not get any royalties from any song which I didn't get credit
for writing (ie. Reaper, Burnin' For You, Godzilla). For any song that I am
acknowledged as one of the writers I get significant royalties. That is
because I get paid directly from SONY Music Publishing. I also get writer's
royalties for any song of mine that gets played on the radio. This has
remained over the years a nice stable bonus kind of ammount. The
performance royalties go directly to the BOC office which is under the
control of Steve Schenck. I'm supposed to be paid for my performances but
BOC claims they don't make enough for me to get paid. They've taken a lot
of my money. This has made them appear as not very honorable people in my
eyes. How would you feel?
Al