BOC Radio Play

Steve zaius at TELEPORT.COM
Wed Dec 27 00:54:47 EST 1995

> Hello,
>
>        I was wondering what BOC tunes people still hear on the radio
> these days (not counting special programs).
>
>        I hear Reaper and Burnin' For You regularly these days, but beside
> an occasional Cities on Flame or Goin' Through the Motions, that's about
> it. Anyone else?

The very concept of 'classic rock' as a format- hell, the very idea of
'format' has killed any chance of anything interesting being played on the
radio.

I found myself part of a focus group which picks the songs on a local radio
station.
They play you little snippets and ask you to rate them.
They don't ask you what you *want to hear* -just whether you like Green Day
or not or whether you like Bob Segar's "Old Time Rock and Roll" or not.
So, in my 'market' (Portland OR), apparantly, BOC is not considered air
worthy.  So I have all their CDs.  To hell with commercial radio.

"Act like a dumbshit and they'll treat you as an equal."
-J.R. "Bob" Dobbs