BOC Radio Play

Stephen Swann swann at PHANTOM.COM
Wed Dec 27 11:56:00 EST 1995

Steve writes:

> >        I was wondering what BOC tunes people still hear on the radio
> > these days (not counting special programs).
>
> The very concept of 'classic rock' as a format- hell, the very idea of
> 'format' has killed any chance of anything interesting being played on the
> radio.

If you're old enough to remember AOR, you know that not all formats
are bad.

For example, the songs that I know I've heard on the radio include all
the usual hits, plus "Joan Crawford", "Veteran of the Psychic Wars",
and "Vengeance (The Pact)".  All those were courtesy of 97 Rock - an
AOR station in Buffalo - during the time when FoUO was the "current"
BOC album.  They also used to do whole album sides, and not just as
part of a special friday night "Headphones Only" type of gimmick, like
the Classic Rock stations do.

Of course, 97 Rock is now one of those mutant "Best of the old, and the
best of the new!" stations, that doesn't really play either.

Steve