HW: new bootleg

Bernhard Pospiech b.pospiech at POP.RUHR.DE
Thu Dec 28 13:25:18 EST 1995

Hello there

On the second christmas day I have visited in our townhall a recordfair.

And to my surprise I've found a HAWKWIND bootleg I've never seen before!!

Though the price was extremely high (60 DM = 40$ for one CD), I bought 2
CD's from 2 different dealers, one for me and one for a friend.

At home I phoned my friend to let him know that I had a CD for him. He told
me that he had visited the same record fair 2 or 3 hours earlier and already
bought one CD for himself. And he also told me that one of the dealers told
him that only about two handfull CD's were produced.

Maybe this is the reason for this astronomical price.

The bootleg is called DAMNATION ALLEY and the cover says that it was
recorded in MINNEAPOLIS on 04.October 1989.

I compared the CD with the live tape I have from this gig and it seems to be
true. But the CD has not the complete gig. Here is the track listing from
the bootleg:

magnu / down through the night / treadmill / wind of change 7 / assault &
battery / golden void / arrival in utopia / brainstorm / dream worker /
damnation alley / ejection

The bootleg has on the front and back side a beautyful black and white drawing.

On the front is a circle. In the middle of the circle you can see a good
photocopy of Dave Brock with a guitar. In the top part of the circle stands:
HAWKWIND, in the bottom part DAMNATION ALLEY and RECORDED LIVE 04.10.1989 IN
MINNEAPOLIS - FIRST AVENUE

On the back side you can see the complete track listing. On the bottom is a
nice ;-)) small drawing and there stands: MYSTIC WANKERS RECORDS.

The inner sleeve has four funny drawings of DAVE, HARVEY, ALAN and RICHARD

The CD is complete blank (gold) with no printing and no label number.

Recording quality is very good, running time is about 70 minutes.

It seems to me that this is a very rare bootleg. I do not want to sell it
but swap for another rare HAWKWIND item.

If someone is interested, please e-mail me.

Bernhard